Get far away from all the crowds in Denali Park!
Denali Photo Excursion
Duration: 3.5 hours – Morning, afternoon & evening
Inclusions: Photo Tours shuttle and experienced guide provided
- Adult (13+)
- Child (8 -12)
Denali Photo Excursion
Take home awe-inspiring photographs of Alaska! Come discover and capture the unique beauty of the interior while receiving personalized photography instruction. With a maximum of 4 participants per tour, you will have a premier photography experience featuring panoramic landscapes, majestic mountains, and reflection ponds.
Our photo guides are professional photographers and expert light-wranglers; they will be your location scout and instructor – seeking out the best locations and the most dramatic lighting in real-time. You will be provided with individualized instruction so you can hone your skills as you capture beautiful images that will last a lifetime.
This guided excursion offers one-on-one attention and allows you to feel like you have the locations all to yourself for a truly immersive experience.
The best camera is the one you have!
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smart-phones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as a photographer.
- Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.”
- Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being shown the best locations without having to scout on their own.
Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife and “The Mountain” (Denali), but we cannot guarantee it because the weather and behavior of animals are out of our control. Guides will take guests to the best locations given the current weather conditions, light, and wildlife activity.
What to Bring
- All guests should come prepared with a mask or face covering.
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery!
- We provide tripods & filters.
- In an effort to reduce waste, please bring your own reusable water bottle and your own snacks.
- Activity level is easy.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lenses are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
- We travel in a luxury truck that is comfortable and easy to get in and out of.
- Tours begin upon pick up; there is no shuttling and no caravanning.
We will adjust practices and protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 according to recommendations from the State of Alaska and health experts.